|Join us for a hike at the proposed 290-acre Torch River Nature Preserve, which is one of the largest unprotected properties along the Torch River. Enjoy a closer look at this property’s natural features and hear about its ecological value, recreational potential, project status and history. With any luck, fall colors will be in full swing!
This hike is along a 1.6-mile rolling loop on firm trails. We will be walking at a leisurely pace and making several short stops to share points of interest along the way. This event will occur rain or shine, but we may cancel for severe weather or thunderstorms - please register as we will send this notice to hike participants via email.
What should I bring?
- Dress for the weather! Always check the forecast in advance
- Comfortable shoes for walking
- Bring a re-usable water bottle and some snacks
- Consider bringing your binoculars or a camera
- Sunscreen and bug spray for your safety and comfort
Thank you for your interest in our event! If you have any questions, please contact Jon Throop at JThroop@GTRLC.org or 231-922-1259